Pregnancy and postnatal massage
From first trimester to postnatal
Massage in pregnancy is a connection between our physical and emotional incorporating breathing, visualisation, exercises, mobilisation and gentle touch, allowing you to connect with your baby and bring inner peace.
The techniques I use support your body during the different stages of your trimesters, you will be in a side laying position supported by cushions for your comfort.
You will also use the birthing ball to help ease pelvis into correct position z d for easing backache and helping baby to engage for labour.
Working with your birthing partner
You are more than welcome to arrange for your birthing partner to attend for a hands on demonstration, working on all fours with the birthing ball and of course learn massage techniques to help you at home and during labour.
Benefits of pregnancy massage
- helps increase blood circulation, which benefits both mother and baby
- Releases toxins from the body through the lymphatic system
- Improves much needed sleep for mummy to be
- Time for mummy and baby to relax and connect
- Eases sciatic pain, and muscle ache, lower back, upper back, neck, shoulders, calf etc
- Increases happy hormones
- Decreases levels of stress hormones
- Qi- brings about a calm and self healing to the body
Please note: midwife consent is needed before booking an appointment.